The Resource With the fire on high
- With the fire on high
- Statement of responsibility
- Elizabeth Acevedo
- Teenage mothers -- Juvenile fiction
- trueAfrican Latin Americans
- trueAfrican Puerto Ricans
- Coming of age -- Fiction
- Cooking -- Fiction
- Cooking -- Juvenile fiction
- trueGrandmother and granddaughter
- trueHigh school students
- High school students -- Fiction
- trueHigh schools
- truePhiladelphia, Pennsylvania
- Single mothers -- Fiction
- trueTeenage cooks
- trueTeenage girls
- Teenage mothers -- Fiction
- trueTeenage mothers
- Young adult fiction
- "Teen mother Emoni Santiago struggles with the challenges of finishing high school and her dream of working as a chef." --
- Ever since she got pregnant freshman year, Emoni Santiago has been doing what has to be done for her daughter and her abuela. The one place she can let all that go is in the kitchen, where she adds a little something magical to everything she cooks, turning her food into straight-up goodness. She dreams of working as a chef after she graduates, but knows that is impossible. But once Emoni starts cooking, her only choice is to let her talent break free. -- adapted from jacket
- Blue Hen Book Award (Delaware) for Teen Books, 2021.
- Georgia Peach Book Award for Teen Readers, 2020.
- Green Mountain Book Award (Vermont), 2021.
- Notable Books for a Global Society, 2020.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2019.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2020.
- YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers, 2020.
- Rise: A Feminist Book Project List, 2020.
- Assigning source
- (Source of summary not specified)
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Intended audience source
- Interest level
- LC call number
- LC item number
- Wit 2019
- Literary form
- Reading level
- Study program name
- Accelerated Reader
- Target audience
ContextContext of With the fire on high
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work With the fire on high
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.fergusonlibrary.org/resource/PGzuIV1S3eI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.fergusonlibrary.org/resource/PGzuIV1S3eI/">With the fire on high</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.fergusonlibrary.org/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.fergusonlibrary.org/">The Ferguson Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>